1. Organic Minced Ginger from The Ginger People - add to smoothies, salad dressings and stir fry in place of fresh ginger root. A smoothie with frozen peaches or mango, carrot juice and lots of ginger really brightens up the morning!
2. Maesri Red Curry Paste - follow the directions on the can, adding coconut milk to make a simple curry sauce than can be used for vegetables, tofu or rice. This red curry paste is gluten free, Maesri also makes a Yellow Curry Paste that is tasty but not gluten free.
3. Brown Rice Vermicelli - use the Mamy instant brand available at Stop & Shop or another instant whole grain brown rice noodle because it cooks in 2-3 minutes and then toss the noodles with soy sauce, curry sauce or use in your favorite spring roll or stir fry.
4. Papou's Sprouted Frozen Falafel - made in Maine and available at Whole Foods Market and Common Crow Market, Gloucester, MA. These falafel got me though spring of 2016 when I moved twice in a month! They cook up in minutes and I had them on top of salad and dressed with tahini multiple times a week.
5. Amore All Natural Pesto Paste - it's vegan (dairy free)! Use this on top of pasta, mixed into rice or quinoa, or in your favorite soup to instantly add the flavors of fresh basil and garlic when you don't have time to chop them yourself. Available at Stop & Shop near the tubes of tomato paste.