Healthy liver detoxification is crucial to prevent the development of various types of cancers, inflammation and diabetes so incorporating Detox Super Foods into your daily diet will put you on the fast track to health.
So what do I consider to be Detox Super Foods and why?
- Foods high in folic acid such as spinach, papaya, asparagus and lentils
- Foods high in carotenoids like carrots ans sweet potatoes
- Foods that increase your body's glutathione levels such as broccoli and garlic
- Foods that are full of minerals like sea vegetables, sesame seeds and beans
- Beets, citrus peel, avocado, artichokes and green tea all have unique abilities to boost liver detoxification
Whole Foods Market DETOX SALAD
2 cups cauliflower
2 cups broccoli
1/3 cup raisins
¼ cup dried currants
½ cup sunflower seeds
2 tsp kelp granules
½ cup chopped parsley
1/3 cup lemon Juice
½ tsp lemon zest
Sea salt and black pepper to taste
Chop cauliflower and broccoli into bite-sized pieces. In batches, transfer to the bowl of a food processor and pulse. Chop or grate the carrots separately.
Combine all remaining ingredients in a large bowl and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
Note: You do not have to use a food processor. Finely chopping is just as nice.
Feel free to add other ingredient like red cabbage or greens.
Dr. Tracy's Detox Salad
Toss the following ingredients in a large bowl, it will make enough for two entree sized salads:
4 cups romaine lettuce
1 avocado, sliced
1 roasted beet, sliced
zest of 1 orange
1/4 cup unsalted pistachio halves
Add 1/4 cup Arame that has been soaked in cold water for 15 minutes and then drained.
For the dressing mix 1 tablespoon flax oil with the juice of 1 orange, salt and pepper to taste.